My main research fields are the Economics of Technical Change and Economic Growth; Firm-Level Data Analysis; Bayesian Econometrics; and Information Theory. The following is the list of published journal articles, book chapters, and working papers.
1. Yang, J., “Information-Theoretic Model of Induced Technological Change: Theory and Empirics”, Metroeconomica, 2022.
2. Heinrich, T., Yang, J., Dai, S., “Levels of structural change: An analysis of China’s development push 1998-2014,” Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 2021.
3. Strauss, I., & Yang, J., “Slowing Investment Rates in Developing Economies: Evidence from a Bayesian hierarchical model,” International Review of Financial Analysis, 2021.
4. Yang, J. and Carro, A., “Two Tales of Complex System Analysis: ABM and MaxEnt,” European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
5. Scharfenaker, E and Yang, J., “Maximum Entropy Economics,” European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
6. dos Santos, P. and Yang, J., “Capital Mobility, Quasi-rents, and the Competitive Self-organization of Distributions of Profitability,” Advances in Complex Systems, 2020.
7. Yang, J. and Torres, D., “The Persistent Statistical Structure of the US Input-Output Coefficient Matrices: 1963-2007,” Economic Systems Research, 2019
8. Yang, J., “A Quantal Response Statistical Equilibrium Model of Induced Technical Change in an Interactive Factor Market: Firm-Level Evidence in the EU Economies,” Entropy, 2018
9. Yang, J., “Information-Theoretic Approaches in Economics,” Journal of Economic Surveys, 2018
1. Yang, J., Torsten Heinrich, and Julian Winkler, François Lafond, Pantelis Koutroumpis, and Doyne Farmer, “Measuring Productivity Dispersion: a Parametric Approach Using the Levy α-Stable Distribution,“ resubmitted.
2.Bonwoo Koo, Yang, J., and Brian D. Wright, “On optimality of secrecy and scarcity of idea.” R&R.
3. Ilan Strauss & Yang, J., “Corporate Secular Stagnation: Empirical Evidence on the Advanced Economy Investment Slowdown,” Under Review.
Old Working papers
1. Yang, J., Luis Daniel Torres Gonzalez, Advait Rajagopal, and Doyne Farmer, “Production Network and GDP Growth: a Decomposition Approach.”